Android Developers Who Charge for their App Can Say Goodbye to Revenue
We have been saying this for years, the future of app monetization is in-app advertising. That is easy for us to say, as inneractive has the most advanced and comprehensive ad mediation platform for your cross-platform ads. However, when Distimo analyzed the Android Market and concluded that paid downloads are a complete failure, it just makes us want to say “we told you so”.
Distimo, the industry leader in app store analytics, just released yet another eye-opening report, this time focused on Android and the Market’s download numbers. The stats are shocking.
If you are a developer and are targeting the wildly popular Android platform, there are a few things you should know before deciding how to monetize. The following are some of the latest findings of the Distimo report on the Android Market:
- In the Android Market, over the past few years, less than 100 apps have been downloaded at least 5 million times.
- Only Google Maps has been downloaded 50 million times, making it the most popular Android app.
- 80% of all paid apps have been downloaded less than 100 times until now.
- Only two paid Android apps have been downloaded more than a half a million times. In the Apple App Store, 6 apps reach those numbers in two months in the U.S alone.
- There are only 5 Android games that cost money and have reached 250,000 downloads. The App Store has ten in the U.S over the past two months alone!
- When it comes to reaching the top of the store, only 26 apps achieved a top 10 spot in the Market during April, while 94 reached the top of the App Store.
Distimo has a lot more information as well in its latest report, and as a developer, present or future, we recommend you check it out. You can download the report here.
Please share your thoughts in the comments or on Twitter, Google+, or Facebook where we are always listening.
In addition, to sign up with inneractive and start monetizing your free apps now, click here.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
- “Android Developers Who Charge for their App Can Say Goodbye to Revenue”
- 5 Reasons Mobile Advertising Is The Best Way to Monetize Your Apps | The inneractive Blog
- Startapp Brings Google’s Web Monetization Model to Android Apps
- Among All the iPhone 5 Rumors, Possible App Rentals Are Not Getting the Hype They Deserve | The inneractive Blog
- Viral coefficients + store feature + branding + influencers = cool apps on iOS first — Scobleizer
- The New Android Market Features Say it All
- No honest money in Android. And only crack at Google.
- iOS è la piattaforma preferita per le applicazioni | Yes Well Done!
- Viral coefficients + store feature + branding + influencers = cool apps on iOS first : Saturday January 14, 2012 : XyHD.tv